IHCA/INCAL Continuing Education Program Attendance Policy
The Indiana Professional Licensing Board (IPLA) requires that sponsors of Continuing Education programs monitor the attendance of all programs in such a way that verification of attendance throughout the program can be readily assured. To obtain credit for an IHCA/INCAL sponsored Continuing Education program, attendees must successfully participate in and complete the entire program. In-person trainings are monitored by IHCA/INCAL staff or a designated representative and a check-in process. Webinar trainings are monitored by a minute-by-minute attendance monitoring technology system to ensure compliance with the IPLA requirements.
The National Association of Long Term Care Administrators / National Continuing Education Review Service (NAB / NCERS) requires the Provider/Sponsor to provide a means of monitoring attendance that will ensure that attendees only receive credit for time present at the seminar. At a minimum, this will include monitoring attendance throughout the day for all programs exceeding ½ day by recording attendance not only upon initiation and completion of the program but also at least once during the course of the program through a means identified and described by the Provider/Sponsor.
Webinars that are approved by NAB require a sign-in sheet. Sign-in sheets will be provided with the webinar connection information and related details.
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA) / HFA Board Updates
Mark Wolfschlag, HFA Board Chair with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency states that current licensed Administrators could have 40 CEU’s for their renewal that are all virtual learning hours. The HFA Board has never set any expectations for where or how current administrators obtain their CEU’s for licensure renewal. CEU hours do need to be from an approved educational provider of HFA/RCA CEU’s, like the Indiana Health Care Association. (stated 6/18/20)
New Change for HFA/RCA Licensure Renewals – Effective 2022
Effective for the 2022 renewal cycle, the State is now requiring Administrators to upload their CEUs at the time they renew their license. This change will aid the State in auditing licenses during an audit request. IHCA/INCAL members can pull their CEUs they received from an IHCA/INCAL event by logging into their myIHCA account. A reference guide is found HERE. If you have trouble accessing your myIHCA account, email email@example.com. Administrators can also upload both NAB approved and non-NAB approved CEUs into their NAB CE Registry as a way to house your CEUs all in one place. The NAB CE Registry is optional and can be accessed HERE. Instructions on how to upload non-NAB approved CEUs into your NAB CE Registry can be found HERE. HFA/RCA licensure renewals are due August 31 of even years, renew HERE.
IHCA/INCAL Registration & Refund/Cancellation Policy
Payment is due at the time of registration for all events. All cancellations and withdrawals must be submitted in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
General Education Trainings and Webinars – Attendees
Unless otherwise noted, refunds will be given for in-person events, minus an administrative fee of 25% of the registration fee, when written notice is received at least 48 hours prior to course/event. Attendee substitutions are permitted. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the in-person course/event will not receive a refund. No shows or cancellations made after the event will not receive a refund. If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend an in-person event.
Unless otherwise noted, refunds will not be given for webinars or on-demand webinars/courses. Attendees unable to attend a live webinar will still have access to the recording. Attendee substitutions are permitted but must be made before the start of the event. Please notify Katie Niehoff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend or wish to make an attendee substitution.
Spring Conference and Convention & Expo – Attendee Registrations
- Spring Conference: Payment is due at the time of registration. Attendee cancellations received prior to 20 days (March 28) from the event start date (April 17) will be refunded at 50% of the registration fee. Cancellations received within less than 20 days of the event will be charged the full registration fee. Attendees may transfer their registration to another person.
- Convention & Expo: Payment is due at the time of registration. Attendee cancellations received prior to 20 days (June 11) from the event start date (July 31) will be refunded at 50% of the registration fee. Cancellations received within less than 20 days of the event will be charged the full registration fee. Attendees may transfer their registration to another person.
If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the conference. Please notify Katie Niehoff at email@example.com if you are unable to attend or wish to make an attendee substitution.
Spring Conference and Convention & Expo – Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Spring Conference: Payment is due at the time of registration for all sponsorships and booths in order to receive an assignment. Exhibit space cancelled prior to February 1, 2023 will be refunded, less a 25% processing fee. Exhibit space cancelled on or after February 2, 2023 but before March 17, 2023 will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued for cancellations or withdrawals made after March 17, 2023. All sponsorship and exhibit cancellations must be submitted in writing and emailed to Katy Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Convention & Expo: Payment is due at the time of registration for all sponsorships and booths in order to receive an assignment. Booth space cancelled prior to May 25, 2023 will be refunded, less a 25% processing fee. Booth space cancelled on or after May 26, 2023 but before June 23, 2023 will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after June 23, 2023. Sponsorship cancellation deadline for refunds is June 30, 2023 due to signage deadlines. All cancellations must be submitted in writing and emailed to Katy Quigley at email@example.com.
Refunds for credit card transactions will be credited back to the card used if the transaction occurred within 90 days of the cancellation request. Cancellation requests made 90 days or more from the date of the registration/credit card payment will receive their refund by check. Refunds for payments originally made by cash or check will receive their refund by check.
National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) CE Registry Information
- NAB is the impartial organization advancing public protection along the senior living and health services continuum through enhanced professional standards for Health Services Executives.
- NCERS (National Continuing Education Review Service) is a nationwide database of CE programs for administrators seeking credits to maintain their certification.
- The NAB CE Registry allows administrators to track their CE certificates.
- Administrators who desire NAB credits by approved NAB/NCERS programs are required to create a NAB CE Registry. It is free to create a NAB Registry account. Administrators can still upload a non-NAB approved CE certificate to their individual CE Registry without an approval code.
CREATE YOUR FREE NAB REGISTRY ACCOUNT
Please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the “non-NCERS program” details near the bottom of the page.
- Use the “upload” button to add a certificate.
- If you have already created the entry, please select the gear button to the right of the course and select edit, then click OK to enable uploading the certificate.