On May 22, 2020, the IHCA/INCAL participated in a call with the Division of Aging (DA). Here is more important information and updates:
- Waiver adult day providers will receive 75% of the average of payments they received from July 2019 through February 2020, less any payment they received for services they were able to provide during closure.
- The DA has contracted with a fiscal intermediary (Real Services, the South Bend AAA) to process and distribute these payments. More details will follow on the process.
- There is no set date when providers will receive payment, but it is a priority for the Division. The contract between the DA and Real Services must be approved and will take some time.
- There are approximately 60 adult day waiver providers throughout the state.
- Adult day providers are permitted to open back up beginning June 1, 2020 with a limited capacity.
- Appendix K has been submitted to CMS (See here). The DA received questions from CMS but expects to receive approval.