The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid released an updated Electronic Staffing Data Submission Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) Long-Term Care Facility Policy Manual. You can access it here.
A summary of the changes are as follows:
- Page 5 – Reminder that facilities should run the staffing reports that are available in CASPER to verify the accuracy and completeness of their final submission prior to the submission deadline.
- Page 8 – A discussion of the process to follow when a facility switches payroll vendors. “The facility shall do everything possible to retain the same employee ID numbers. However, if it is not possible, facilities have the capability to link an old employee ID with a new one through linking the old employee number to the new one.” This section describes that process.
- Page 16 – The definition for job code 1 – Administration Services is clarified to state that only administrators and assistant administrators are to be reported in job code 1. We have previously communicated this issue to you before to exclude AITs and other administrative personnel from this category.
- Include contract nursing staff personnel in the PBJ reporting
- Double check the public information on Care Compare to ensure accuracy