On of September 1, 2020, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that private pay assisted living/memory care providers are eligible to apply for CARES Act Provider Relief Funds from the Phase 2 General Distribution round of funding. Further details are as follows:
- Application: Private pay assisted living providers are encouraged to start the application process now and should apply through HHS’s Provider Relief Fund Portal. More information can also be found at HHS’s Provider Relief Fund webpage and more specifically, HHS’s subpage on the six (6) stages for applying for Phase 2 funding.
- Deadline: The deadline for private pay assisted living providers to submit their Tax Identification Number (TIN) for validation to begin the application process is September 21, 2020. Even if the TIN validation occurs after that date, private pay assisted living providers will still be able to complete and submit their application as long as they requested validation by September 21.
- Allocation Amount: Like other providers that have applied for Phase 2 funding (i.e., Medicaid assisted living provider), private pay assisted living providers will receive 2% of their annual patient care revenue.
- Attestation: Providers who receive a Provider Relief Fund allocation must accept or reject the funds within 90 days by attesting to the payment through the same Provider Relief Fund Portal.
- Questions: If you have questions, please contact the Provider Relief Fund Support Hotline at (866) 569-3522 or Laura Brown at Lbrown@ihca.org.
We will provide further updates as any additional details emerge.