It looks like you have an older browser that is not supported by this site. Please click here to update.
CMS expected to release the new Nursing Center Requirements of Participation soon. It is known that one of the new requirements will be a trained Infection Prevention and Control Officer (IPCO) in each center. AHCA/NCAL has developed a top-notch training program that will be available to members in late 2016, shortly after the new requirements are released by CMS.
The AHCA/NCAL course will provide specialized training for those healthcare professionals who seek qualification as IPCOs. Through this course, individuals will be qualified to effectively implement and manage an Infection Prevention and Control Program at their center, according to the specifications of the Requirements of Participation. For Registered Nurses, CEUs will be available through the University of Nebraska.
AHCA/NCAL is committed to ensuring that our member centers are fully prepared to meet the rigors of the new requirements. The course will be an online, self-study program with approximately 24 hours of training. It will include online lectures, case studies and interactive components taught by an array of experts from around the country. AHCA/NCAL’s IPCO training content also includes:
• A thorough explanation of the impact of infections on the people who live, work and visit nursing centers.
• Definitions of essential components of an effective infection prevention program.
• Identification of common infections.
• Strategies to prevent the spread of infections.
• Identification and description of the steps necessary for infection surveillance, antibiotic stewardship, investigating, tracking and reporting infections.
• Successful implementation strategies.
The course will include a pre-test and a final exam. Participants who successfully complete the training course will be recognized with a certificate and also receive CEUs. A follow-up requalification process will be required. The course will be open to both AHCA/NCAL members and non-members for a fee.