Tell your residents that you are committed to quality long-term care.
Membership opportunities are available for skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, individuals and businesses supplying products and services to the long term care profession.
Membership gives your staff unparalleled education opportunities, access to experts, a legislative voice and tools to better manage business. In short, your membership helps you provide better care.
IHCA/INCAL facility membership categories
Skilled nursing and assisted living
Health care and other facilities licensed and regulated under IC 12 or IC 16 and facilities not subject to licensure such as assisted living and independent living facilities. Facility membership with the Indiana Health Care Association also includes membership with the American Health Care Association (AHCA). Assisted living facilities that are licensed and regulated by the Indiana State Department of Health, as well as to facilities not subject to licensure and serving the elderly (such as independent living apartments). Assisted living membership with the Indiana Health Care Association and the Indiana Center for Assisted Living also includes membership with the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL).
Join now: Download the Regular "A" Membership Application
This membership is available to any individual who owns at least twenty percent of the real property of a member facility, but who is not an owner or otherwise involved in the operating entity of a member facility or non-member facility.
To complete a "B" Membership Application, please contact Zach Cattell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-616-9001.
- Membership renews on a calendar-year basis and runs January – December.
- "All or none" rule: In order for an individual, a corporation, an association, a group or other entity having more than 50% of the control or other authority over more than one facility eligible for membership to join the Association, membership applications must be submitted for all of the facilities licensed under: IC 16-28-2 and IC 16-21-2 if the beds function as beds licensed under IC 16-28-2; over which such control or authority is exercised or asserted.
- IHCA dues are not deductible as charitable contributions for tax purposes, but may continue to be deductible as a business expense.
- Per Section 6033(e) of the Internal Revenue Service Code, a reasonable estimate of 22% of IHCA/INCAL dues and 25% of AHCA/NCAL dues will be spent on advocacy and other expenditures in 2016 subject to Section 162(e)(1) of the Code and therefore are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
- The IHCA Board of Directors has final authority over any questions or disputes regarding membership eligibility.
Questions about IHCA/INCAL membership?
Contact Zach Cattell, President, at 800 466.IHCA or email@example.com.