The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program provides a pathway for providers of long term care services to journey towards performance excellence. The program is based on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
The Quality Award program has three progressive step levels. Applications are judged by trained Examiners who provide feedback on opportunities for improvement to support continuous learning. Facilities must achieve an award at each level to progress to the next level.
Bronze – Commitment to Quality applicants begin their quality journey by developing an organizational profile including vision and mission statements, an awareness of their environment and customers’ expectations, and a demonstration of their ability to improve a process.
Silver – Achievement in Quality applicants demonstrate a level of achievement in their quality journey through good performance outcomes that have evolved from how they embrace the core values and concepts of visionary leadership, focus on the future, resident-focused excellence, management by innovation, and focus on results and creating value.
Gold – Excellence in Quality applicants must show superior performance over time that is based on their systematic approaches to leadership; strategic planning, focus on customers, measurement, analysis and knowledge management, workforce focus, process management and results. Gold applicants address the complete Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence in Health Care.
Participating in the Quality Award Program has many benefits, including:
- Provides a proven framework that organizations can use to make improvements in any clinical, quality or other operational issue (i.e. staff engagement, customer satisfaction, hospital readmissions)
- Helps prepare organizations to meet regulatory requirements and navigate a changing market
- Serves as a team building activity to engage staff across all levels of the organization
- Provides external validation of high quality care and services
- Serves as a marketing resource for consumers, referral sources and other key stakeholders
- Participants receive customized feedback with their top strengths and improvement areas
To download the Bronze, Silver and Gold application packets and free educational resources, visit the Quality Award website. For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.