PDPM Academy In-Person Workshop | February 7, 2019
PDPM is going to change the future of long term and post-acute care! For a successful transition, an interdisciplinary PDPM Transition Team is critical. Join us for a comprehensive in-person workshop specifically designed to preprare IHCA/INCAL's member providers for a successful transition to the new Medicare Part A PDPM SNF PPS effective October 2019.
A Major Shift in Resident Care & Why a Team is Needed. The start date for PDPM is less than eight months away. The PDPM case-mix payment model relies on resident clinical characteristics which is a dramatic shift away from the current RUGs. This change will impact all aspects of SNF operations. Important areas impacted by PDPM include:
- Collection of Clinical Information for Care Planning
- Care Plan Design
- Delivery of Daily Skilled Care
- Requirements of Participation and Related Survey & Certification
- SNF Quality Programs (SNF QRP and SNF VBP)
- Billing and Coding Expertise
Transition planning requires a coordinated approach which cuts across all of the areas noted above.
Laying the Foundation for a Strong PDPM Transition Team.
The in-person workshop is designed to help SNFs develop a coordinated PDPM Transition Plan. The workshop is composed of four modules which lay the foundation for transition planning:
- Module 1: addresses building assessment including operations and quality performance
- Module 2: covers collection of clinical information and patient classification
- Module 3: helps assess market position in a PDPM environment
- Module 4: walks participants through the Academy tools and resources they will receive as we approach the implementation date
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: It is important for a team of staff be part of a SNF’s PDPM Transition Team and attend a PDPM Workshop:
- Administrators and Other SNF Leadership
- MDS Coordinators and Other Resident Assessment Staff
- Nursing, Therapy and Other Care Staff
- Billing and Coding Staff
PRESENTERS: Dan Ciolek, Associate VP, Therapy Advocacy and Ellen R. Strunk, PT, MS, GCS, CEEAA, CHC. Learn more about the presenters' professional exterptise.
WHEN: February 7, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. Registration/check-in begins at 7:30 a.m.
VENUE: Ritz Charles, 12156 N. Meridian St. Carmel, Indiana
AGENDA: The workshop agenda can be accessed here.
Don't forget to register and participate in the PDPM 101 webinar. (This webinar is a prerequisite for the February 7 workshop.)
Hotel Accommodations for In-Person Training
If you need an overnight room on February 6, click here to book a room at the Renaissance Indianapolis North, 11925 N. Meridian St. in Carmel. IHCA room block rate is good until January 25.
Questions? Contact Katie Niehoff at email@example.com